Poetry in Translation Site Upgrade
Poetry in Translation has undergone a site upgrade. The change log is as follows:
- Minor visual upgrades have been made to better match social-media branding.
- Apple iPad safari browser compatibility issues affecting the drop-down site menu at the top of each page have now been resolved.
- Apple iPad users lacking a specific app to handle compressed, .zip archive download files were unable to view downloaded files. We have addressed this issue with a script which decompresses .zip archives server-side and downloads the uncompressed file to the client. Uncompressed downloads are hence now available on each download page. Download button labelling has been made clearer so that Apple or Amazon Kindle users can better identify their most suitable download option.
- Self-extracting .exe archive download files have been depreciated as they are considered a virus risk by most major anti-virus software packages. Requests for these files are redirected to the .zip equivalents.
- All site page extensions have been changed from .htm to .php along with general upgrading of relevant code to ensure php7 compliance. Redirects are in place for all links to the previous, .htm versions. These changes will, in the near future, enable a significant speed boost to the site.
Please contact us with any comments, suggestions or error reports with respect to the new site.
News Update - October 2017
6 October 2017
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight - print edition
23 September 2017
News Update - September 2017
10 September 2017
Want to comment on this post? Then Learn more).cookies (
Guillaume de Machaut: Virelais
19 September 2020
Guillaume de Machaut: Rondeaux et Ballades
1 September 2020
News Update - August
1 August 2020
Christine de Pisan: Rondeaux
9 July 2020
News update - July
2 July 2020
Christine de Pisan: The Hundred Ballads
10 June 2020