The following statement clarifies the intentions of the the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) in offering Material on www.poetryintranslation.com, or any related sites or publications; print, digital or otherwise; where this notice is referred to. The underlying intention of the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) is to make Material freely available for those not seeking to derive Commercial gain from its use. Notwithstanding this intention, the limitations stated below apply to all Material without exception.
- Adapted Material means Material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights that is derived from or based upon the Material and in which the Material is translated, altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner requiring permission under the Copyright and Similar Rights held by the Author(s) and/or Translator(s).
- Author(s) and/or Translator(s) means the individual(s) or entity(ies) holding Copyright and/or Similar Rights on any Material offered on the www.poetryintranslation.com website or any related sites or publications; print, digital or otherwise; where this notice is referred to.
- Commercial purpose means a purpose primarily intended for, or directed towards, direct, indirect or incidental commercial advantage or monetary compensation.
- Copyright and Similar Rights means copyright and/or similar rights closely related to copyright including, without limitation, performance, broadcast, sound recording, and Sui Generis Database Rights, without regard to how the rights are labeled or categorized.
- Exceptions and Limitations means fair use, fair dealing, and/or any other exception or limitation to Copyright and Similar Rights that applies to use of the Material.
- Material means any artistic or literary work, database, or other material offered on poetryintranslation.com, or any related sites or publications; print, digital or otherwise; where this notice is referred to.
- Non-Commercial purpose means a purpose not primarily intended for or directed towards direct, indirect or incidental commercial advantage or monetary compensation.
- Public performance means to perform public recitations of the Material and to communicate to the public those public recitations, by any means or process, including by wire or wireless means or public digital performances; to make available to the public the Material in such a way that members of the public may access the Material from a place and at a place individually chosen by them; to perform the Material to the public by any means or process and the communication to the public of the performances of the Material, including by public digital performance; to broadcast and rebroadcast the Material by any means including signs, sounds or images.
- Sui Generis Database Rights means rights other than copyright resulting from Directive 96/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal protection of databases, as amended and/or succeeded, as well as other essentially equivalent rights anywhere in the world.All rights are reserved by default.
- Textual Content means that portion of the Material or Adapted Material which is comprised of plain text.
Copyright and Similar Rights are held by the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) and are reserved by default.
- Textual Content of the Material may be reproduced, stored, transmitted, distributed or displayed; electronically or otherwise; free of charge; for any Non-Commercial purpose without permission from the Author(s) and/or Translator(s).
- Adapted Material may be created containing Textual Content from the Material, either copied verbatim, or with modifications and/or translated into another language, for Non-Commercial purposes only, without permission from the Author(s) and/or Translator(s), with the exception of Material comprising George Theodoridis’ translations of Greek plays to which additional conditions apply (8). The Author(s) and/or Translator(s) acknowledge that such derivatives or modifications may not meet with their personal approval, but nevertheless wish to offer free Non-Commercial use of the Textual Content of the Material. The Author(s) and/or Translator(s) disassociate themselves, however, from any views expressed, or impressions communicated in Adapted Material created by others, except where explicit endorsement has been obtained from the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) themselves. The Author(s) and/or Translator(s) take no responsibility for abuses of other copyright material, or breaches of any law, incurred by such derivation or modification, or by use of the Material in general.
- Permission must be sought from the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) for the adaptation of Material into any media other than plain text including, without limitation, video or sound recordings; whether digitally produced or otherwise; unless Exceptions and/or Limitations apply.
- Permission must be sought from the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) for Public Peformance of the Material unless Exceptions and/or Limitations apply.
- Material may not be used for Commercial purposes unless explicit permission is obtained from the Author(s) and/or Translator(s). This includes Not For Profit organisations who may receive payment for all or part of the Material, in hard copy or electronic form, or via on-line access, or via public performance. In general Not For Profit organisations, and individual creative endeavours of various kinds, will be viewed favourably but potential users should still seek permission. Companies and organisations seeking to make Commercial use of the Material must always seek permission before attempting to use any of the material, and will be required to enter into a binding agreement before they may do so.
- Where the Material is used for Non-Commercial purposes, attribution of the Material to this site and to its Author(s) and/or Translator(s) is not mandatory but would be appreciated. Commercial users may be required to display a formal attribution as part of an agreement.
- Any permission given for Commercial use will normally be a non-exclusive right to utilise the Material for a defined purpose, but in all cases specific agreement is required as to the terms and conditions of use.
- Notwithstanding any rights granted in 1 and 2 above, permission must be sought regarding use of George Theodoridis’ translations of Greek plays for use by any theatrical, educational or cinematic organisation, including a Non-Commercial one. Under no circumstances should any of his work be used as part of a collage, which includes the work of other writers or translators. Please read the copyright instruction and contact details on the Greekhome.htm page for confirmation of the copyright restrictions regarding his Material, and at the head of each play.
For the avoidance of doubt, this statement does not, and shall not be interpreted to, reduce, limit, restrict, or impose conditions on any use of the Material that could lawfully be made without permission under this statement.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Author(s) and/or Translator(s), to the extent possible, the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) offers the Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply.
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) be liable on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of use of the Material, even if the Author(s) and/or Translator(s) has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
A. S. (Tony) Kline, 8th February 2015
Please help keep this site free by making a Donation.